Active Directory Senior Support Engineer
Our client is an award-winning IT Management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems.
They are currently seeking a Senior Support Engineer, to join their Active Directory Team in Cork.
They are fanatically customer focused and are proud to support the most complex customers who have the highest IT demands in the world. It's exciting, it's rewarding, it's hard work and offers career and personal growth.
The position is for a problem solver to provide enterprise-wide support service for their range of game-changing and award-winning solution range.
You will be part of a collaborative team providing telephone and email assistance to our customer and partner base.
As a team they believe in honest communication, share creativity and welcome different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity with the spirit of innovation. They will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential.
Engineers will work as part of a Global team to provide a high standard of technical support to customers on their Active Directory Suite of products.
Stellar customer service and handling skills and the ability to interface, collaborate and prioritise technical customer issues with development and effectively communicate solutions to customers/partners is crucial to the role.
An ability to work across regional boundaries with Country and Product Managers to ensure product quality and stability and a determination to professionally manage and resolve a number of potentially complex issues on Windows Active Directory is required.
* Manage Service Requests and any ongoing Escalations
* Collaborate with the other members of the Global Support Team
* Invest in the Knowledge Centered Methodology (KCS) and contribute to the Support Portal
* Participate in activities relating to product improvement and demand reduction
* Provide a high-quality service delivery experience to the internal and external stakeholders
* Prior Technical Support experience or proven track record in system administration
* Experience with Active Directory Management (users / groups, schema knowledge, LDAP, Group Policies, Enterprise Administration)
* Previous customer support experience, or previous customer facing role with good interpersonal skills (written and spoken)
* Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems and networking (TCPIP, DNS, LDAP, WMI, ASP, DCOM)
* Knowledge of configuring and maintaining Internet Information Server (IIS)
* Technical writing skills
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, negotiation, and platform communications.
* Possess a strong people orientation with the ability to listen, work and resolve issues to achieve customer satisfaction
* Quickly learn the general concepts of the technology used in and associated with our client's awesome products.
* Knowledge of and exposure to Microsoft Exchange
* Familiarity with debugging tools/techniques (e.g. WebEx)
* Knowledge of VBScript, PowerShell
* Knowledge of SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2012
* Exposure to any of the following Cloud Technologies: Federated SSO to Salesforce®, Google® Apps™ service or Microsoft® Office 365®
* Exposure to Linux and Unix systems would be an advantage
* Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), RADIUS
* Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
* Educated to degree level
* Ability to work flexible hours
* Additional language skills - desirable but not essential
Why work with our client?
* You will be collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
* When you see something that could be improved, you get to work inventing the solution.
* People demonstrate their winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
* They invest in their people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfils their potential.
* Your health and wellness is their priority as well as rewarding you for your hard work.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.