itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Desktop Support Technician to support our client's Dublin, Ireland site. This is a 6-month contract position.
The ideal candidate should possess a wide range of technical skills to troubleshoot various end-user problems encountered within the corporate environment. The Technician will specifically perform desktop level 2 support which includes diagnosing and resolving software, hardware and standard network connectivity problems.
The Technician must also possess deep understanding/ knowledge of various hardware platforms (desktops, laptops, printers) and manufacturers (HP, Lenovo, and Apple) to perform in-warranty and out-of-warranty hardware repairs. In addition to performing level 1-2 support, the Technician will be involved in various projects such as computer setups, hardware refreshes, installations and maintaining equipment inventories. To enhance and broaden desktop support, the Technician should have the means to travel to other offices in western Europe (such as Luxembourg).
The Technician must also possess excellent soft skills (previous white-glove experience is a plus) to support the end user environment, including the executive/VIP level.
Service Desk Deliverables
* Experience performing Hardware Refreshes across enterprise environments (laptops/desktops)
* 5+ years practical experience performing Level 1-2 technical support
* 5+ years practical experience working in various corporate settings
* 3+ years practical experience with Active Directory, creating, modifying, and deleting network accounts
* 5+ years practical experience working in IT projects such as Operating Systems and hardware deployments
* 3+ years practical experience working with SCCM
* Training/Certification-Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) certification- HP (preferred), Lenovo, Apple - a plus
* Professional Certification- CompTIA (A+, Network+) a plus
* MUST POSSESS exemplary Customer Service skills and experience supporting senior executives
* Expertise with Operating Systems- Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/10
* Hardware-Desktop, laptop and laser printers, mobile devices (IOS and Android)
For more information please apply here or contact Nolan Prendergast ( +353 21 2313096 or nolan dot prendergast at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.