We have just been contacted by one of our Limerick based partner companies who currently have a requirement for a Software Architect to assist them in the design, development and delivery of business critical projects for their clients using agile methodologies.
This position will be part of a highly collaborative process interacting with clients, business analysts, scrum masters, technical leads, sales personnel and management. Another key aspect of this role will be taking responsibility for the development practices and tooling used by our engineers to create high quality code.
If you are passionate about producing solution designs in following areas Mobile, AR, VR, IoT, AI / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing for a diverse range of clients and industry sectors, I would be very interested in discussing this position in further detail with you.
* Lead, inspire, influence and motivate our software engineers in relation to great software design and engineering best-practices (DevOps).
* Lead and take responsibility for the creation and review of high quality software architectural documentation.
* Provide thought leadership in relation to Microsoft technologies and evolving engineering best practices and keep the organisation informed of same.
* Identify technical risks in new client engagements and take full ownership for the proposed solution design and deployment model.
* Assume a high level of ownership and responsibility for:
* Engineering best-practice and work with our technical leads to drive adoption of same.
* Technical level estimation in relation to client proposals.
* Ensure all solution designs are reviewed, approved and meet company design standards.
* Research, evaluate and recommend software tools and new technologies and guide their implementation by the wider development team.
* Work with our technical leads to maintain a pragmatic set of code quality and engineering practices and assist in driving adoption of same.
* Build out and guide Proofs of Concept on Cloud, Mobile, Desktop, Database, IOT, Augmented Reality and any new technologies being explored by the company and their clients.
* Demonstrable full-stack development experience using .Net and modern front-end technologies.
* Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing.
* Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
* Extensive experience with debugging, performance profiling and application optimization.
* Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and automated testing
* Database design and implementation on both relational and non-relational platforms.
To apply or to discuss this position in confidence, please contact Matthew Duane Rice.