Agile QA Engineer (Contractor)
Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Contract Daily Rate - Immediate Start
Job Ref: BBBH13037
We are assisting a Software Development Centre in Dublin source a QA Test Engineer (with experience working within an Agile environment). This is a growing software solution development team and an excellent opportunity to join a team building enterprise level cutting edge web applications.
You will have expert knowledge of Agile QA test techniques (essential). The ability to understand a product from the end user's perspective and test that product with usability in mind. You will have a strong passion for testing and quality. You will have experience working with Agile teams and methodologies and you see yourself as an advocate for quality.
Test planning, estimation, design and execution are second nature with test documentation not done according to a particular process but to a specific need. You believe in testing early and often alongside developers.
* Work closely with the Product Owners / Developers to develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured tests for existing and new features
* Collaborative approach to testing - Execute tests alongside developers prior to code commit
* Work embedded in the development teams to execute tests
* Use mind maps and other exploratory techniques to design and execute test cases & testing activities as part of the overall development teams sprint plan and execution
* Take a collaborative approach to story refining and use story points as a metric for estimation
* Identify, record and document quality issues, defects, performance issues, problems, bugs, root causes and potential solutions
* Track and ensure prioritization and resolution of quality issues, defects, performance issues, problems and bugs in a timely manner
* Partake in scrum ceremonies and challenge requirements or changes when necessary
Skills and Expertise:
* Bachelor or Master's Degree in applied computer science or similar
* Strong knowledge and proven experience in software QA methodologies, tools and processes
* 3+ years of experience in software quality assurance, test design and execution
* 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment (using Scrum or Kanban)
* An analytical approach to problem finding
* Intermediate level of SQL is desired
* Experience testing mobile / tablet apps across different OS is a distinct advantage
* Experience with Atlassian suite (Jira, confluence) a plus
Apply today for more information:
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040