Data Erasure Software Developer
itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Data Erasure Software Developer. This is a daily-rate contract position. The successful candidate will join our client's Service Application Development team in Cork.
Our client's Services Application Development team develops and delivers world-class software to help drive efficiencies and reduce costs during customer engagements. Data Erasure software utilizes specialized tools and software to ensure that data from storage devices is appropriately erased before drives are disposed of, re-purposed, or relocated. Working in a development team to develop and maintain erasure software, you will:
* Join the team in a hands-on role and use modern development methodologies and test-driven-development
* Collaborate to help refine our client's business requirements
* Demonstrate a keen sense of urgency and shared ownership of our client's products
* Work with a large variety of platforms and technologies
* Self-Motivated with a willingness to adapt and learn
* Knowledge of Agile methodologies
* Strong coding, debugging and testing skills
* Experience with developing stable memory-efficient Java and C applications in multi-threaded environments
* Experience with Java Swing
* Experience with developing software for Linux and Windows
* Ability to diagnose, analyse and solve problems
* Comfortable with configuration management tools, such as SVN, GIT, Maven, Gradle, TeamCity or Jenkins
* Experience, knowledge or a desire to understand storage interfaces including PCIe, NVMe, SAS, SATA, SCSI
* Experience with JNI is an advantage
* 3 to 5+ years of related software development work experience
* B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related technical field (preferred, but not necessary)
* Keen to learn new technologies
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant links. If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Michal in itContracting on +353 1 4396811.
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.