This role is responsible for designing security controls into solutions and services being introduced to the Bank, identify potential control gaps and assess any associated risk. There is a requirement for the candidate to divide their time between 2 offices, in Dublin and London.
* Provide design-time review and guidance to teams building and deploying new technology.
* Develop, document, and participate in solution architecture design for different projects. Participate in security efforts assisting with the integration and initial implementation of solutions.
* Assess and advise of security risks identified, and propose appropriate mitigations.
* Continuously monitor and improve the security posture of the BOI Group as part of the Security Architecture team.
* Identify and communicate new security threats, and design Security Architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge.
* Design security controls for proposed solutions to meet relevant IT Security policies, standards and guidelines, as well as regulatory and other requirements.
* Review existing and proposed architectures, identify security design gaps, and recommend changes or enhancements to meet security control objectives.
* Serve as the Security Subject Matter Expert within the BOI Group, and provide advisory and consulting services to other teams as needed.
* Stay abreast of new security technologies and integrate into security architecture design when appropriate.
* Mandatory minimum of CISSP or recognised equivalent.
* ISSAP, SABSA, TOGAF, or other architecture qualification preferred.
* Good technical knowledge of network protocols and related technologies, and a variety of platforms.
* Experience across a number of relevant IT disciplines.
* Strong knowledge of IT Security best practice.
* 5+ years working in an IT Security discipline, with experience in security design is preferred.
* 3rd Level qualification in IT is preferred.
* Some knowledge of information security and risk control frameworks such as COBiT, ISO 27001, ISO 27002.
* Knowledge of PCI DSS is preferred.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.