Permanent Job with Excellent Salary and Benefits Package
Job Ref: BBBH11978
We are assisting a Software House in Cork City (building state of the art SaaS) source a DevOps Engineer for their expanding Software Development team.
This opportunity will suit a DevOps specialist with 3-4 years' experience who is keen to join a company in serious growth mode and utilising cutting-edge technologies and techniques to build complex platforms and applications.
As a DevOps Engineer you will become a key part of a dynamic team delivering products to the highest levels of quality and efficiency, whilst also helping to develop CI/CD pipeline used by all engineering teams across the business.
* Plan and execute the building of automated environments across all platforms
* Provide subject matter expertise in automation and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
* Design and develop different tools and automation scripts to improve automation support for various activities such as image management, deployment, data analytics, automated testing, logging and monitoring etc.
* Coordinate with production support (diagnosis / issues fixing)
* Troubleshoot and fix issues in our Dev, QA and Production environments
* Advise on new technologies and methodologies (become an expert in emerging technologies and tools)
* Document solutions and processes as part of execution
Required Experience & Education:
* Degree educated in a relevant Computer Science discipline
* A demonstrable passion for automation and related technologies
* At least 5 years' experience in a development or DevOps role (supporting development teams in a fast-paced, Agile environment)
* Experience of Docker and Kubernetes/Swarm
* Experience with automation/configuration management (using SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent tool)
* Experience working with AWS, Azure (or an equivalent Cloud technology)
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages (Java, Python, Groovy, Shell)
* Familiarity with a broad range of open source technologies, build tools and continuous integration systems (i.e. Jenkins, Maven, Nexus)
* Experience in monitoring and alerting (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK)
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Cassandra)
* Knowledge of TCP/IP, firewalls, load balancers, and web application architectures
* Organised, good attention to details, and able to work both independently and with a team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a fantastic career opportunity to join a technology company in Cork City developing cutting edge SaaS.
Interested in applying?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040