System Support Technician
Dublin City Center - Stephen Green
To provide first and second level technology support to the Dublin users and Everest users located in the other European offices, as required in conjunction with the EAUK IT team (in London) and Everest Technology Services team in New Jersey (ETS),
In cooperation with the VP of Technology Services, Europe, and ETS, ensure that the Dublin and European IT operations are fully compliant and up to date with Group requirements.
To act at all times in compliance with and in accordance with the principles of the Everest Re policies and procedures.
* 1st line or 2nd line experience within a technical role
* Experience of supporting Windows 7 and Microsoft office applications
* Good understanding of TCP IP protocols
* Experience with printer management
* Experience with Mac operating Systems
* Good customer facing skills
* Knowledge of VOIP phones not essential but beneficial
* Experience of Active Directory and 365 user account management desirable
* Primarily provide first and second line support to all users located in Everest's Dublin office.
* Work closely with the EAUK IT team to provide additional first and second line support to users located in Everest's other European offices as required.
* Similarly work with ETS to provide additional first line support to the Everest Global (ServiceNow) Helpdesk.
* Perform daily local Systems checks including ongoing monitoring of IT services such as WAN, printing and comms room environment.
* Assist and support the users with their main business applications including its insurance/reinsurance policy administration system, underwriting support, finance and regulatory reporting tools. This involves liaising with the users and the respective Everest application teams including, external service providers where necessary, to resolve issues.
* Provide support for all aspects of end user hardware including its physical set up and installation.
* Liaise and manage relationships with suppliers of IT services for the Dublin office.
* Support and maintain the Dublin office security system including its door access system and alarm monitoring system, as necessary.
* Manage and support the office and mobile voice services for the Dublin office.
* Support and maintain Video Conferencing services.
* Enforce the use of industry best practice (ITIL) and change control within the IT Service Desk.
* Interact with users and service providers, as necessary, to resolve incidents.
* Perform installations, moves, additions and changes to network hardware including PCs, MFDs and other peripherals.
* Assist in business continuity and systems recovery planning and testing.
* Support data communications and voice systems in conjunction with ETS, EAUK IT, network providers and vendors.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.