Help Desk Administrator - 6 month contract - DUBLIN City Center
The successful candidate will be a key part of the IT Infrastructure Team as a Help Desk Administrator. Responsibilities for this position will include all hardware, networks, security, help desk and packaged solutions such as Microsoft Exchange and Office.
Technologies currently in use include Microsoft Windows &, Exchange 2007, Office 2010. Video
Conferencing, iPhones and iPads.
* To provide L1/L2 support for all users via phone, email or call logging system.
* Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
* Administration of Microsoft Active Directory.
* Ensure Helpdesk calls are documented, logged and resolved as quickly as possible. Escalating tickets to the relevant level if required.
* To provide support for new technologies - iPhones, printing, information management and Skype for Business.
* To ensure all laptops and PC's are upgraded via imaging software.
* To assist IT Security management including monitoring full compliance with IT security policy.
* To carry out backup duties for other members of the Helpdesk.
* The team supports offices in multiple locations and time zones therefore a willingness to work outside normal office hours and travel to other offices when required is essential.
Key Competencies Required
* Client Focused Relationship Building
* Knowledge of the business
* Communications and Personal Effectiveness
* Creativity and Innovation
* Knowledge of imaging procedures and associated products, i.e. Ghost, Acronis etc.
* Experience in supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10 in a corporate environment.
* Knowledge of Checkpoint/ BitLocker encryption software.
* An in depth understanding of PC architecture, familiarity with the latest technologies in hardware & software.
* Knowledge of AV equipment & videoconferencing.
* Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
* A third level IT qualification is essential;
* A full, clean driving licence is desirable;
* Aspects of this role may require travel and working outside of normal office hours.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.