Reporting into the Head of Software Services, this will be a key role within an agile team working in a highly collaborative manner with our Business Analysts, Scrum Masters and Architects. As the technical team lead, you will be responsible for leading, managing and motivating a cohort of software engineers on a daily basis along with directly evolving solution designs and writing business critical code on the projects your team will be engaged with. You will be the contact point for all developers assigned to your team, so your communication and people skills need to be excellent. If you are passionate about leading and coaching software engineers to produce high-quality code, then you are the right person for this job.
* Lead, inspire and motivate a small team of software engineers in the creation of high quality software within agreed project deadlines.
* Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments.
* Drive continuous improvement practices within your team, e.g. reviews and retrospectives.
* Work closely and listen to team members' feedback to resolve any issues or conflicts.
* Actively promote an agile mindset and a positive working environment for the team.
* Help maintain high standards of code quality within the team by establishing and mentoring around good development practices and habits.
* Drive and support the adoption of new technologies, tools and techniques within your team.
* Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members.
* Collaborate effectively with our business analysts, scrum masters and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain our client's web-based applications built on Microsoft technologies.
* Play a key role in providing realistic estimates of development effort to assist in team planning.
* Assist in the documentation of user requirements and hands-on development of critical user stories.
* Work with our architect and other technical leads to maintain a pragmatic set of code quality processes and drive adoption of same within your team.
* Assume a high level of ownership of all code developed by members of the team.
* Participate in and drive peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
* Perform 3rd line support analysing and resolving technical engineering issues, as required.
* Research and evaluate software products as required.
* Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing.
* Strong experience with object-oriented design and implementation techniques such as Test Driven development, Enterprise implementation patterns, SOLID principles.
* Keywords: Technical Lead/ Lead Developer/ .NET Lead/ .NET Devleoper/.