Systems Admin - Linux
As a growing Irish company and a front-runner in software development and operational support, our client creates new and innovative software solutions and has an equally impressive customer base.
Working within the technology industry, they offer a top class working environment in their Cork offices and a very collaborative approach, which ensures success.
They require an Systems Administrator with 2-3 years + Systems Administration experience and extensive Linux knowledge.
This permanent role will see the successful candidate will be responsible for the infrastructure and product support for one or more product lines and be proactive in making sure the product is running efficiently and effectively.
Job Reference: BBBH 11460
What would a general day involve?
* Responsible for the infrastructure and product support for one or more product lines
* Be proactive in making sure the product is running efficiently and effectively
* Work with the development team to make sure one has total understanding of the product and also advise the development team on any issues or observations when the product is running on production
* As new features of the product are being developed, be involved in the design and looking at iterations as they are released so you learn how the product works, behaves and is configured.
* Regular documentation updates for changes or new implementations
* Working with other members of the team to recognize and propose and later implement potential changes in all segments of the stack
What are the key requirements?
* Very high level of fluency in spoken and written English
* 2-3 years + Systems Administration experience
* Extensive Linux knowledge (ideally Debian based)
* Familiar with TCP/IP stack
* Ability to troubleshoot server connectivity issues
* Working experience with common Linux based network services like Bind9, Apache, Nginx, Syslog, NTP
* Experience with virtualization products such as KVM and VMware
* Organized individual, with strong attention to detail.
* An understanding of Ansible and similar tools
* 22 days' holidays.
* Excellent Salary.
* Remote work may be available.
* Rapidly growing company with further expansion plans.
* Modern and spacious offices in Cork City.
* Company is employee focused and encourage creativity from employees allowing you to take ownership of your projects.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040 or +353 (0)21 2028035.