itContracting are currently seeking applicants for an Information Security Consultant. This is a permanent position based with our client in Dublin.
The role of an Information Security Consultant within the Information Security Consultancy Practice is primarily to design and implement security solutions to our client's customers including the following responsibilities and key activities.
Responsibilities and Key Activities
* Minimise project overruns, by working with the Project Manager for the Information Security Consultancy Practice.
* Help on pre-sales (consultative) in a timely manner (review RT#'s) as assigned.
* Maintain good communications with our client's Customers
* The quality of work produced must be to approved Solutions standards, examples of work produced would be policies, standards, reports and presentations.
* Completion of timesheets in a timely fashion, imperative for inclusion in Engineers Bonus Scheme.
* You would be expected to obtain yearly goals as set out at Performance Discussion time.
* You would be expected to obtain various certifications for the business and for self-development.
* Maintain an awareness of current developments in Information Security by monitoring internet websites, reading security publications and by attending relevant courses and seminars.
* Contribute to the First Monday Training sessions by presenting on a specialised area which will benefit other members of the team and contribute to the shared learning environment.
* Contribute at a Security Conference or publish a paper.
Key Role Responsibilities
* Completion of Information Security engagements
* Risk assessments for customers
* Gap analysis reviews for customers
* Security architecture review and design
* Training and awareness development and delivery
* Information security program management
* Formal reporting and presentation to clients
* Contributing to identifying opportunities and winning new business
Work Assignments will be combined with some of the following
* Security Threat, Risk Assessment and Analysis
* ISMS Establishment and Operation
* Data Forensics and E-Discovery
* Web Applications Penetration Testing
* Source Code Analysis and Review
* Infrastructure Penetration Testing
* Secure Network and Systems Architecture, Design and Review
* Security Incident Investigations
* Relevant DATA Protection and Legislation Audit
* ISO-27000 series of standards
* Physical and Social Engineering
* PCI DSS
Qualities and Personal Attributes
As an Information Security Consultant, you will be able to demonstrate the following qualities and Personal Attributes:
* The ability to work well in a team environment with a focus on knowledge sharing and collaboration, and mentor other team members i.e. Information Security Analyst.
* Understanding of networked and mobile computing environments.
* Strong organisational skills
* Effective communicator with a positive and confident attitude both written and verbally.
* Good written skills with the capability to create well formatted reports.
* Highly motivated and a willingness to learn new technologies.
* Demonstrate consistency in your work ethic and attitude.
* Ownership and delivery of key assignments
* Team player
* Bachelor's degree or Masters in Information Security, Forensics, Applied Networking, System Administration or other degrees with relevant experience.
* 3 years + in a Security Role
For more information please apply here or contact Nolan Prendergast ( +353 21 2313096 or nolan dot prendergast at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.