itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Software Developer/ DevOps Engineer. This is a permanent role based with our client in Limerick.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all stages of the software development lifecycle of our client's Application Delivery Networking products. In collaboration with other team members you will analyse requirements, design, develop and maintain solutions and components for our client's core products and surrounding services.
The solution requests will range from simple tasks to long term projects and complex interactions with 3rd party environments and APIs. You will work with agile methodologies in global environments and will foster a culture of communication.
* Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
* Work closely with the software architect to develop and implement their designs.
* Evaluating requirements, in collaboration with product managers/owners and engineers.
* Excellent cross-functional communicator and team player. Will need to partner extensively with Product Management and Product Development teams.
* Take responsibility for and own product back end software.
* Lead software development tasks through software engineering principals.
* Work to our client's core values and culture and inspire junior engineers to want to excel.
* Foster a software design excellence mindset.
* Produce high standard, unit testing and debugging code
* Identify and correct flawed and outdated software or software systems frameworks and tools.
* Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
* Review and debug code
* Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
* Very strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
* Good time-management skills
* Willingness and ability to share and disseminate knowledge with colleagues and team members
* Very strong PHP/Python/C programming.
* Strong working knowledge and experience of Software Engineering Principles.
* In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
* Strong Networking knowledge and experience (TCP/IP, OSI Stack), Virtualization
* Good knowledge of Web Services Apache etc.
* Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
* Git or similar version control experience
* Good knowledge of various operating systems (Linux, Windows)
* Demonstrated track record as a creative problem solver and solutions provider.
* Ability to work independently and support multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
* An unwavering commitment to personal and professional ethics and integrity.
* Ability to gain the trust and commitment of others to accept or adopt a specific direction or take a course of action.
* Excellent written and communications skills.
* BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree / Information Technology, Engineering or Sciences.
* Linux/Unix Shell Scripting
* Proficient PowerShell programming
* REST (API) knowledge
* Scrum/Agile methodologies
* Network Load Balancer knowledge or experience.
* Knowledge and experience of Cloud technologies, AWS, Azure, Hyper-V, VMware, etc.
* Proficient in using industry standard tools such as or similar to Git, Jira and Jenkins
* Knowledge of Network debugging tools (Wireshark etc.) Network Security.
For more information please apply here or contact Marta Hoppe ( marta dot hoppe at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.