This Telecommunications Design Engineer will work in a data centre environment providing passive network design.
* Design of ICT passive network including enclosures, containment routes, horizontal cabling, backbone cabling, duct routes, and coordination with active network design.
* Develop construction drawings and specifications
* Work closely with the Design team and coordinate telecoms design with all disciplines including facilities.
* Design and coordinat the passive network for various building systems such as BMS, EPMS, DAS, WiFi, RoIP and POE systems.
* Design and develop detailed schematics for complex data centre networks to show diversity, resilience and redundancy.
* Identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively
* Support development of highly accurate budgets and cost forecasts.
* Support New Product Introduction activities that improve infrastructure quality, reduce cost and installation time.
* On site inspection of Telecoms installation such as snag walks and test witnessing.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science
* 2+ years of engineering experience in a construction field
* Experience in Design (Revit / AutoCAD / Bluebeam) and Documentation Applications (Microsoft Office) is required
* Detail oriented, able to execute effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines, while maintaining a high level of quality
* Must have demonstrated an ability to translate stakeholder and engineering requirements into design drawings and documentation