The NOC Lead will support the NOC Manager with the supervision and training of Level 1 NOC Engineers.
* Provide 2nd line technical support for the Network Operations team including mentoring 1st line support engineers
* Ensure that the NOC are reacting to and resolving national network and service faults & events within SLA times
* Coordinate the response activities for major incidents across the fibre and wireless network platforms
* Ensure customers are fully furnished with the status of incidents as per SLAs
* Provide timely completion of root cause investigations after fault scenarios.
* Supports the NOC manager in mentoring and identifying opportunities to develop and up-skill NOC Engineers
* Change management approval and scheduling
* Vendor/partner interaction and escalation handling
* Manage, develop and improve Problem Management processes
* Facilities management - oversee the ongoing maintenance of facilities across the country
* Participation in company emergency call-out rota
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Eligibility to work in Ireland
Key Required Competencies
* Five year's experience in Network Operations Centre at Telecom operation
* Ability to demonstrate leadership skills in operational environment under pressure
* In depth knowledge of DWDM/Ethernet/IP/MPLS/Wireless, preferably specialised in one with a good grounding in the others
* Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with peer engineers internally and externally in customer and vendor organisations.
* Good understanding of Co-location Build (Power, Aircon, batteries, BMS)
* Good understanding of transmission and routing & switching network principles, including service and network build experience in those platforms
* Excellent time management and organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail with an ability to multitask
* High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry
Additional Competencies which would be highly advantageous (in order of priority)
* Familiarity with one (or more) of the following vendor platforms - Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent), Juniper, Ceragon, Ciena, or Coriant (formerly Tellabs)
* Experience testing or validating Carrier Network design and roll-out.
* Cisco/Juniper/Nokia - IP/Ethernet certification
* Track record of successful technical project execution
* Familiarity with ITIL framework