Digital Planet are seeking applications for a Datacentre & Cloud Support Engineer to join their growing support team. This is a permanent role based in Dublin.
Digital Planet, part of the Evros Technology Group, is Ireland's leading Cloud Services Provider, providing flexible, secure and highly available systems to a wide range of Irish and international clients.
Your purpose as the Datacentre & Cloud Support Engineer will be to carry out datacentre tasks such as installations, asset management, hardware maintenance, network troubleshooting, server configuration, rebuild and decommissions as well as being a member of our cloud support helpdesk, working on customer incidents and service requests.
This role will be based primarily in the Park West (60%) area of Dublin but will involve regular travel to our other locations including Cherrywood (25%), Blanchardstown (10%) and London (5%).
Tasks will involve:
* Incident, change and service request fulfilment for our cloud customers
* Work within a cloud support team with varied skill sets and experience
* Provide comprehensive troubleshooting to resolve technical issues
* Physical racking of equipment in the datacentres
* Hardware replacement
* Managing fibre and copper cabling within the datacentres
* Maintaining DCIM software
* Asset and hardware warranty management
* Co-ordinating with vendors for on-site engineer access
* Backup Tape Management
* Fundamental understanding of server operating systems and networking
* Experience working with a ticketing system, ITIL experience a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* A keen eye for detail
* Full clean driving license
* Good analytical/troubleshooting skills and willing to learn new technologies
* Some experience of industry standard IT equipment and their components, including: rack mountable server, switch and blade technology
* Understanding of datacentre environments
* Understanding of copper and fibre cabling/patching
* Self-starter that is able to perform tasks with minimal supervision
Skills and experience:
* At least 6 months' experience in a customer-facing technical support role for a Managed Service Provider and/or
* At least 6 months' working in a datacentre environment at a basic technical level (VMWare, Windows Server, & Networking)
* VMWare Skills a significant advantage
* Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
* Technical qualification or equivalent experience in a managed service or datacentre environment.
* Experience troubleshooting HP servers and server components such as motherboards, array controllers, network cards, processors, memory
* Performing network testing using fluke or similar vendor testers
* Experience troubleshooting LAN and WAN networks
* HP APS, A+ or Server+ certification is desired
* MS MCP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE, VCP certification would be useful
* Mobile phone
* Training and development
* Health insurance
For more information please apply here or contact Michal Gawronski ( +353 1 4396811 or Michal dot Gawronski at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.