DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Duration: 2 month contract
Location: Sandyford, Dublin South
Reporting to: Desktop Support Team Leader
Scope of the role:
This is on-site support position based in the Dublin Office of a large global company with offices in UK and US. The role will be responsible for providing quality desktop support service including desk-side break-fix repair, remote support and fulfilling requests for new hardware and software.
* Enter, update and close all support activity into the ticketing system within the SLA.
* Provide excellent customer service both desk side and remote including triage and escalating tickets
* Provide HW/SW support, repair, deployments, imaging, migrations, installs-moves-adds-changes-upgrades & connectivity issues.
* Perform email account maintenance & minor network administration - active directory etc.
* Provide basic telephony handset support and extension administration.
* Basic support of mobile devices.
* Basic support of hardware/software for development and print servers
* Design, implement, and document procedures and scripts to automate process
* Provide support for Cloud based apps and client software such as Office 365 including SharePoint, Onedrive and Office Apps
* Support/configuration of Tablet / Smartphone technologies and apps including Surface, iPad, iOS, Windows
* Solid experience of PC support in a medium or large corporate environment.
* Excellent Customer Services skills both in person and over the phone or written via a remote session / email / Chat client etc.
* Skilled in the installation and configuration of a wide range of current industry operating systems, software & utilities including operating systems (Windows/MAC OS) and Microsoft Office in a coprorate environment.
* Experience in the administration of user accounts and properties - creation, deletion and maintenance etc. Basic Active Directory experience.
* Solid PC Hardware skills - competent in all aspects of PC / laptop / peripheral installation, repair, parts replacement and configuration etc.
* Physically able to safely lift and carry 50 pounds (23Kg) to move, install, unpack PC equipment
* Familiar with online meeting platforms like Cisco Webex and Skype for Business.
* Networking, and A/V experience a plus.
The Company - Dun & Bradstreet
Life at Dun & Bradstreet is changing - for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. The Company's purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, apply now!
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.