OPERATION TECHNICAL ENGINEER
6 month Fixed Term
Act as primary point of contact for operational issues.
Identify, review and ensure the resolution of operational issues and snags impacting the day-to-day operations of the Leap Card, manage the change control process and specify system improvements.
The primary function of this role is to act as the primary point of contact for operational issues. Responsible for investigating, reviewing and where applicable specifying system changes to resolve issues and/or improve the Leap Card scheme.
* Third level IT qualification required;
* Ideally 3 years' experience in systems analysis and design;
* Ideally prior experience of change control and change management processes;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office;
* Project Management Qualification desirable.
* Identification and review of Operational Issues and Snags
* Act as main point of contact for the reporting/escalation of operational issues;
* Overall responsibility for tracking operational issues and snags;
* Investigate, diagnose and follow up on any issues or defects;
* Prioritise issues for resolution;
* Liaise with internal teams, transport operators and suppliers to ensure resolution and testing of the issues;
* Preparation and presentation of status reports and statistics.
* Develop Technical Change Requests and System Improvements
* Develop solutions (i.e. define specifications and change requests) across web, mobile app and back-office systems to address issues/snags and to improve the customer offering;
* Participate in individual projects assigned by the Senior Operations Manager.
* Change Control
* Manage a Change Control process for the Leap Card scheme with the participating Transport Operators to ensure controlled and co-ordinated releases and implementations of new features;
* Maintain a change control log;
* Conduct regular change control conference calls;
* Maintenance Planning
* Maintain a maintenance schedule and prepare release notes for back-office system releases;
* Maintain a maintenance schedule and prepare release notes for website functional releases;
* Collection Device Administration
* System administration and day-to-day management of the NTA developed 'collection device';
* Liaison with sites hosting 'collection devices';
* Track issues and defects on the operation of the 'collection devices'.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.