About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the leader in online marketplaces in Ireland. Formed in 2015, Distilled SCH operates the three iconic Irish online brands – Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Combined, these websites not only offer unrivalled reach, traffic and data but are also the number one property, motor and generalist advertising portals in the country.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking to recruit an experienced Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering Team. The successful candidate must have a passion for creating reliable, scalable software and will thrive in a fun, fast paced and challenging environment. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and help build some of the most well known and visited websites in the country. You’ll get to use your experience to develop our technologies, influence decisions when building new components and ensure the availability and scalability of our technology platforms.
This is is a cross-functional role, you will be working closely with our software development teams to promote systems design patterns that continually improve the reliability of our software. We encourage everyone’s input and rely on people’s experience to further improve our technology.
What will I be doing?
Site Reliability Engineers at Distilled SCH help to build and maintain our core technology platforms to support our different products, websites and apps. We strive to use the best technologies for a job and are continuously upgrading our technology stack.
Here’s just some of the things you’ll work on as a Site Reliability Engineer at Distilled SCH:
- Working within the SRE team to engineer solutions to design, build, and maintain efficient systems at scale.
- Optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
What skills do I need?
- A minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Good experience in a modern software language (java, PHP, Go, etc, etc).
- Experience in linux administration.
- Experience with automation and config management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc).
- Experience working with cloud vendors (AWS, Azure, GCE, etc).
- Experience with containerisation technology (Docker, Kubernetes).
- May require some on-call duties.
- Some experience working in a scrum / agile framework would be an advantage.
- Be a self-starter with an analytical mindset who is comfortable working on their own initiative and managing their time effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills.
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment.
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension.
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare.
- We care about your career, invest in our employees and back this up with a substantial training budget.
- A progressive engineering environment where we use the latest most appropriate technology to get the job done in the best possible way.
- The opportunity to work remotely.
- A lot of freedom and a lot of responsibility.
- Focused career development and progression opportunities.
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes.
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast.
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- A great central location.
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!
We are a diverse bunch of people in Distilled SCH and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our Company. Diversity and inclusion is high on our agenda. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.