itContracting are currently considering applications for a Website Administrator. This is a contract position based with our client in Dublin 4.
The main responsibilities of the Website Administrator and the tasks that he/she will deliver in relation to our client will be providing support and maintenance to our client's websites.
The primary purpose of our client's main website is to publish news, information and content of interest to the public as a whole; including details of infrastructure, developments, legislation, documents, and news content.
Our client also maintains an online suite of technical publications, which is managed through a publications website, consisting of an online suite of documentation.
* Content Management
* Service Desk - being a single point of contact for managing change requests and resolving issues. In delivering such a service, it will be necessary to work closely, not only with the Requestor, but also with IT and Webfactory, who previously developed our client's websites and support Roxen, the Content Management System (CMS) for both websites.
* Website Content Updates - ensuring that the website remains current and interesting to both new and regular users and will deliver additional visitors to the website (updating and changing photos, updating existing page text, adding new pages, text, photos, documents and links, Change Management, regular review of the website to capture and monitor all changes undertaken by all parties to ensure that they meet the branding guidelines, accessibility standards, document management profiles)
* Functionality Change Management - In the event of a required change in functionality, i.e. the addition of new components or menu structures the progress of the ticket should be tracked by the Service Desk and communicated to the Requestor on a weekly basis, at a minimum.
* Bug Resolution
* Quality Management - this includes (but is not limited to) the following: Accuracy; Technical correctness; Ensuring that updates meet the required standard of English; That the pages are aesthetically pleasing; Reviewing any proposed changes.
* Document Management - monitoring changes to our client's website for new documents and to ensure they are centrally located to mitigate against this issue and controlled and accessible from the appropriate pages
* Governance and Oversight - The Website Administrator will provide the necessary information in support of its monthly account and website progress reviews which will be scheduled to ensure the objectives of the websites are being met.
* Standards Compliance (Language and Accessibility) - The websites are presented bilingually, with the exception of news stories, recent updates and any Standards documents. A review shall be undertaken annually (first quarter) and any new items or modified items should be reflected in the Irish version of the website.
* Knowledge of HTML and CSS to perform website maintenance and enhancements
* Experience with CSM
* SEO Experience
* Interest in UX
* Google Analytics Experience
For more information please apply here or contact Marta Hoppe ( marta dot hoppe at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.