IT Infrastructure Lead
Our client (a global engineering and project management company), based in West Dublin and multiple global locations currently have a permanent vacancy for an IT Infrastructure Lead with responsibility for their core IT infrastructure.
The successful candidate will work closely with the IT Manager to ensure the stable operation of the IT Infrastructure.
This position requires extensive knowledge and experience in developing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas, particularly server and storage infrastructure, Networking, application management and information security.
The role can be defined as, but is not limited to the following
* Hands on operational responsibility for IT infrastructure and services across the group.
* Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development and evaluation of all infrastructure elements including Network, virtual infrastructure and associated systems.
* Implement solution for monitoring key elements of the infrastructure to assist in preventative maintenance
* Assist in the Development of policies and procedures around the environment including but not limited to Incident Management, Change Control, DR and BCP
* Produce system metrics in relation to performance, capacity and availability.
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
* Relevant industry certifications including Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco
* Minimum of 8+ years in a technical role (Hardware, Software, Networking)
* Minimum of 4+ years in an IT Infrastructure lead role at a technical hands-on level across virtualisation, storage, system administration, networking, DR and BCP.
* Strong networking experience (Cisco) including VOIP, as well as firewall configuration and management (Cisco ASA and Fortinet)
* Experience in implementation and administration of storage platform and VMware virtualisation technologies
* Experience with backup and recovery technologies administration (Veeam, Falconstor)
* Office 365 migration and Azure experience
* Demonstrated technical and management experience in a multi-site environment
* Strong technical, communication and analytical skills
* Good time manager with ability to work on multiple tasks
* Excellent written and oral communicator, ability to explain system issues clearly and concisely
* Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a professional manner
* Self-motivated, capable of working on own initiative
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 525 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.