Dublin City Center
Reporting to: Technical Service Engineer
This role involves working with a Commercial Bus Operator fleet to support their Leap card activities. The hardware consists of Android-based electronic ticket machines (ETMs) which connect over the mobile network to an AWS hosted back office which controls all of the data on the ETM.
* Experience in providing service engineering support to end users
* Experience of application development and deployment on embedded systems
* Knowledge and experience of computer systems - Windows web-based applications, Android tablets, basic networking, Amazon Web Services
* Appropriate third level qualification
* Driving license
* Strong communications skills both oral and written
* Work to ensure the ticket machines and local back office for the commercial bus fleet are in working order.
* Deal with bus company (CBO) queries regarding back office updates - price changes, driver ID's, timetables, addition of new services.
* Diagnose hardware/software faults reported via email/phone.
* Work to ensure that supplier is handling the faults in a timely fashion and within agreed SLA's and ensure CBO is kept up to date on resolution progress.
* Visit CBO premises/buses to resolve ticket machine issues -troubleshoot devices to diagnose/resolve issues - swap out of parts, verification of build integrity, software updates
* Arrange for damaged devices to be shipped back to supplier premises in the UK.
* Inform CBO's of any pending software updates and agree to appropriate rollout schedule
* Work with supplier to arrange the addition of new CBO's
* Provide training to CBO's on ticket machines and local back office
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.