About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the leader in online marketplaces in Ireland. Formed in 2015, Distilled SCH operates the three iconic Irish online brands – Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Combined, these websites not only offer unrivalled reach, traffic and data but are also the number one property, motor and generalist advertising portals in the country.
What’s the opportunity?
We are seeking to recruit a Quality Engineerwho is up-to-date with modern testing technologies and relishes the chance to learn new languages and tools. You will work in a fun, fast paced, challenging environment and join it’s highly experienced Technical Team.
This is more than a technical role, you will contribute to the overall product development effort. You’ll use your experience to inform our engineering process and decisions when building new features.
You’ll be part of one of our cross functional product delivery teams and work closely with designers, product owners, data analysts, and multi disciplined developers.
What will I be doing?
Quality Engineers are an essential part of the Distilled Product Delivery Teams. Working closely with Product Owners and Developers to ensure we deliver high quality features. We make the most of modern tools like Selenium Webdriver,Appium and Protractor.We strive to always have high levels of automated testing across all our platforms, including Web, Android, iOS and backend systems.
As a Quality Engineerat Distilled you will:
- Take responsibility for building and performing both automated and manual testing solutions
- Ensure high levels of test coverage across all our product suites and platforms
- Work in a scrum environment with our brilliant backend, frontend and mobile developers to ensure quality of all new releases
- Work with our Quality Manager to develop world class QA processes
- Collaborate with our Product Owners to understand new requirements and transform them into automated test cases
- Keep up to date with the latest advancements in Testing strategies and apply them to your work at Distilled SCH
What skills do I need?
- Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Strong testing experience through the user interface
- Automation experience using at least one of the following automation tools Selenium Webdriver, Appium, Protractor, XCUITest
- Experience with agile testing methodologies
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrations testing experience
- Some experience testing at the API level
- Native Mobile testing experience on iOS and Android Platform
- An understanding of Object Oriented programming principles
- Experience in a variety of testing tools and frameworks
- Any experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis etc.
- An understanding of a various of programming languages would be a bonus
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!
We are a diverse bunch of people in Distilled SCH and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our Company. Diversity and inclusion is high on our agenda. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.