About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the leader in online marketplaces in Ireland. Formed in 2015, Distilled SCH operates the three iconic Irish online brands – Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Combined, these websites not only offer unrivalled reach, traffic and data but are also the number one property, motor and generalist advertising portals in the country.
What’s the opportunity?
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Frontend Developer who is up-to-date with modern frontend technologies, has a passion for creating great web experiences and will thrive in a fun, fast paced, challenging environment.
This is more than a technical role, you will contribute to the overall product development effort. You’ll use your experience to inform our engineering process and decisions when building new features.
You’ll be part of one of our cross functional product delivery teams and work closely with designers, product owners, quality engineers, and multi disciplined developers.
What will I be doing?
Frontend Developers are an essential part of the Distilled Product Delivery Teams. Working closely with designers, we implement the user interface of our web apps. We make the most of modern tools like React, ES6, and SASS, and we ensure our UIs work well on all screen sizes.
As a Senior Frontend Developerat Distilled you will:
- Build and maintain features for the Distilled platforms and related products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems for the Distilled platform
- Have a passion for creating web interfaces that have great usability and UX
- Always strive to ensure our codebase is clean, scalable and secure
- Be an advocate for coding best practices within the team
- Operate as a tech lead on key projects
- Keep abreast of new technologies and techniques in frontend development
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years' experience in similar frontend development role
- Comfortable developing web interfaces that use RESTful JSON API's extensively
- Experience developing fully responsive web pages using mobile first techniques
- Comfortable working on your own initiative and managing your time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills
Bonus skills and experience:
Any management or team lead experience
- Server side languages such as PHP, Java, Python
- Scrum Agile Framework
- Contributing to open-source development projects
- Profiling and optimising the performance of frontend web apps
- TDD, automated frontend unit and functional testing
- JS packaging (e.g. webpack, gulp)
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!
We are a diverse bunch of people in Distilled SCH and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our Company. Diversity and inclusion is high on our agenda. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.