About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the leader in online marketplaces in Ireland. Formed in 2015, Distilled SCH operates the three iconic Irish online brands – Daft.ie , DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie . Combined, these websites not only offer unrivalled reach, traffic and data but are also the number one property, motor and generalist advertising portals in the country.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineer to join our Platform Team. The successful candidate will take full technical ownership for one of the key platforms for Distilled SCH. The candidate will work closely with the Business and Technical Support teams to build out the roadmap and execute it. It will be fast-paced, with an opportunity to work with various technologies. You’ll get to use your experience to develop our engineering process, influence decisions when building new features and ensure the scalability and availability of the entire platform.
What will I be doing?
- Here’s examples of some of the things you’ll work on:
- Extend the functionality of the current ad feed aggregation systems.
- Enable new feed content services.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the existing systems.
- Collaborate with Business and support teams daily to prioritise and schedule work.
- Be an advocate for coding best practices within the team.
What skills do I need?
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Expert knowledge of Java and Object Oriented design principles.
- Experience working with the Spring Framework, Struts, Tomcat, JBOSS.
- Very experienced working with and building RESTful APIs and Web services.
- Good working knowledge of MySQL, Apache HTTPD.
- Familiar with working on both Windows or Linux based operating systems and developing software in Eclipse.
- Experience of managing Windows based servers and AWS cloud environments.
- Be a self-starter with an analytical mindset who is comfortable working on their own initiative and managing their time effectively.
- A bonus for having knowledge of and worked with ; Docker/Kubernetes/OpenShift , ElasticSearch and or/AWS cloud services
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!
We are a diverse bunch of people in Distilled SCH and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our Company. Diversity and inclusion is high on our agenda. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.