About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the leader in online marketplaces in Ireland. Formed in 2015, Distilled SCH operates the three iconic Irish online brands – Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Combined, these websites not only offer unrivalled reach, traffic and data but are also the number one property, motor and generalist advertising portals in the country.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking to recruit a PHP Developer to join our development team on a six month contract. In this role you will be working on site features that are used by thousands of people across multiple devices and platforms. This is more than a technical role, you will contribute to the overall product development effort. You’ll use your experience to inform our engineering process and decisions when building new features.
You’ll be part of one of our cross functional product delivery teams and work closely with designers, product owners, quality engineers, and multi disciplined developers.
What will I be doing?
As a PHP Developer you will:
- Build and maintain core features for the Distilled platform and related products
- Build REST based APIs to support the other development teams
- Work with other like minded developers as part of an Agile scrum team
- Ensure the codebase is clean, scalable and secure
- Work closely with our product, mobile and web teams
- Keep abreast of new technologies and techniques in software development
- Provide support for our QE team
What skills do I need?
- A degree or masters in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of professional PHP development experience
- Great knowledge of Object Oriented design principles and methodologies
- Know how to write good unit tests for PHP
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL or MySQL (NoSQL is a plus)
- Have developed REST APIs
- Have used a version control system like Git or SVN
- Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum team
- Be a self-starter with an analytical mindset who’s able to manage their own time and workload
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
Bonus skills and experience:
- Open source projects or personal projects
- Knowledge of other languages, especially Java
- Experience working with Spring Framework
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Familiar with Docker or Vagrant
- Experience working in Scrum
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!
If you have a GitHub account, have contributed to open source projects or have a personal project that you're particularly proud of then please tell us all about it!
We are a diverse bunch of people in Distilled SCH and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our Company. Diversity and inclusion is high on our agenda. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.