Works independently taking full responsibility for a certain test area. Primary role in Quality Assurance in the areas of analysis and design, implementation and execution, in line with agreed plans and strategies.
* Works on multiple phases of a project and/or multiple projects.
* Takes responsibility for a certain test area and conditions as well as results evaluation, problem resolution and planning.
* Selects appropriate standards, methods, tools and applications for project use.
* Reviews quality assurance plans, data, procedures, and scripts.
* Creates test cases independently and helps prepare for evaluations. Runs tests and retests as necessary, executing test scripts in area of accountability.
* Investigates defined issues with uncertain cause and solicits input in gathering data that help identify and differentiate the symptoms and root causes of defined problems.
* Identifies test issues, report risks and defines regression tests for current and future projects.
* Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements, reporting on system quality and collecting metrics on test cases.
* Works on quality assurance projects using available test frameworks and tools focusing on on-time and on-budget project goals.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields, or equivalent work experience
* ISTQB Foundation
* Additional course or certification in Quality Assurance
* Intermediate theoretical knowledge in quality assurance methodologies and has awareness of new and emerging technologies and developments.
* Has good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge and has practical experience of testing tools and frameworks required to deliver.
* Good understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
* Excellent communication skills, adapts style accordingly and demonstrates an understanding of the audience's perspective, uses discretion when dealing with sensitive information
* Professional attitude, has developed a reputation as a trusted advisor.
* Good client-facing skills, experience in developing partnerships with the team and client and collaborating with others to exceed client expectations.
* Good problem-solving skills, has experience in proposing different options and solutions for approaching and resolving issues.
* Adaptable and responds positively to changing business issues, sees change as an opportunity to improve performance.
* Good self-management, can set and work to quantified goals and standards, delivers by being aware of and considering the commercial impacts. Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.