Job Title: Wireless Network Deployment Engineer
(Job Category: Infrastructure Engineering)
11 month contract
FACEBOOK - Dublin
* 5+ years of related work experience responsible for designing, deploying and operating large-scale networks.
* Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switching protocols (BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, RSVP-TE, VRRP).
* Strong working knowledge of network protocols (TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS) and experience with IPv4 and IPv6.
* Experience with physical layer of wireless networks, wireless telecom interfaces, implementation, and debugging.
* Preferred: Experience with carrier backhaul including mmWave, microwave, core networks, WIFI access points, or WIFI ISP deployments.
* Preferred: Technical knowledge of various regional electrical configurations, IEC, NEMA standards, AC/DC power, power redundancy scenarios.
* Preferred: Certification such as CCNP, JNCIP, or equivalent experience
* Preferred: Experience with wireless telecommunications systems and equipment deployment in emerging markets.
* Experience with wireless MIMO technologies, transceiver and antennas is a plus.
* Preferred: Familiarity with the Linux based systems and experience with scripting and automation (Bash, Python, Perl).
* Ability to lift/move 30-40 pounds on a daily basis.
* Wireless and TCP/IP network design, and implementation using Facebook-developed as well as off the shelf technology.
* Work cross functionally with project management and network engineering to generate implementation plans including Method of Procedure (MOP) and Bill of Materials (BOM).
* Develop requirements, conduct, and document site surveys for local municipality deployments.
* Work with program managers, procurement, engineering, installation teams and vendors to formalize the site design requirements and deployment plans.
* Support operator and systems integrator, during and after deployment of FB powered technologies, primarily 60Ghz based meshed backhaul technology
Work cross-functionally with local municipalities, engineering, and 3rd party vendors.
* Perform fault isolation and trouble resolution on hardware, software, and network.
Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve.
Comprehensive documentation of all deployment processes.
* Maintain technical and training documentation, develop automation and tooling as needed.
* Work cross functionally with partners, project management, and network engineering to build network designs to solve for connectivity requirements.
Interface directly with partners and serve as escalation to connectivity engineering and product teams.
* Collaborate with various engineering and user groups, to define and execute, functional and interoperability test cases.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.