Front End Java Developer - Search
Passionate, curious, creative? Our employees have helped to create popular and engaging online products and destinations that attract over 150 million unique visitors each month globally.
Our Global Search team is looking for a talented engineer to help AOL to continue to grow.
We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly psyched about our mission to inform, entertain and connect the world.
- Work as part of the technical team that designs, develops, implements and maintains AOL Global Search systems
- Work closely with UI/Design and Product teams to ensure successful implementation of new features and integration with other Aol web applications.
- Converts specifications/requirements into features and works with back-end developers to create database-driven solutions for functional web pages.
- Well versed in behavior related to the use of different DOCTYPE declarations, character encoding, W3C standards compliance and accessibility issues
- Understand and adhere to industry and AOL best practices for delivering fast loading web sites
- Is an active participant in an Agile development environment
- Break down projects into tasks with level-of-effort estimation
- Proactively identify and communicate progress, status and issues
- Work in a team environment with other developers, designers, quality engineers, product managers, business analysts etc.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 2 years related experience in a Java web development environment
- An understanding of how design affects web sites and comprehensive knowledge of developing interactive web pages (CSS and HTML markup)
- Knowledge of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of backend services and environments for developing web pages (Linux, Apache, Tomcat, REST & server architecture).
- Experience developing in a standards-based environment using version control software (SVN or CVS and IDEs such as Eclipse or NetBeans)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and learn quickly in a dynamic environment
AOL is a leading global web services company with a substantial worldwide audience, a suite of powerful web brands and industry leading products, and one of the largest advertising networks in the United States.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.