Senior Systems Engineer
Our client, a well-known IT Support provider based in Roscommon, is currently accepting applications for an enthusiastic, experienced permanent Senior Systems & Network Engineer to support their clients.
This position offers the right candidate the opportunity to develop their career in a fun, energetic work environment. Working as part of a team to achieve company goals and provide customers with a professional and friendly service, which they have come to expect.
If selected you will be responsible for the design and implementation of internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
They encourage creativity and will give you the freedom to explore and push the boundaries of technology. This role would suit an ambitious, self-starter who enjoys keeping up to date with the latest technology trends.
Duties and Responsibilities
What your role will involve:
* Design and implement hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
* Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Azure, Windows Server and Office 365
* Also, enterprise infrastructure such as Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
* Design and implement disaster recovery and business continuity solutions.
* Design and implementation at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
* IT support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
* Support services for virtualization technologies.
* Remote access solution support: VPN and Terminal Services.
* Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
* Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
* Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
* Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
* Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided.
* Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
* BA/BS in computer science or a related field is preferable but not essential.
* 3 years of IT experience.
* Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
* Performance based incentives.
* Full on the job training & support.
* Fun working environment and culture.
* Great opportunity for advancement.
Nearby locations: Boyle, Roscommon, Longford, Sligo, Galway, Castlebar, Ballina, Athlone, Leitrim, Carrick On Shannon
If you would like to apply for this role, please do so via the relevant links or contact Chris Byrne here at itContracting ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie). All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.