Automation Test Lead role:
* Prepare a test plan/strategy for the delivery of an application into production, which includes
* Test Estimation, Preparation, Execution and end to end integration Plan Process,
* Prepare test scripts, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of their test scripts.
* Participate in triage and stand-up's of bugs with stakeholders from the Development, BA and PM teams
* Co-ordinate with the automation team to identify key areas of automation and include this effort in any test plans.
* Take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of the test effort, and its schedule and prioritization.
* Work with management, developers, and quality assurance personnel, to meet these goals.
* Provide a practical approach to complex product testing,
* Be a creative and proactive thinker and you will make use of current technologies to provide solutions to test problems
* Will review product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare test cases.
* Work closely with other Digital QA team members to automate the execution and verification of reports
* Work closely with various Dev team members to understand testing objectives and ensure that problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
* Produce test reports to make project progress transparent
* Providing test schedules, plans, and estimates
* Completing test impact analysis, determining if existing scripts can be modified or new scripts are required
* Providing test data requirements to the functional team
* Creation and maintenance of scripted components, tests, and test data
* Providing test status and defect reports
* Understanding and ability to execute the automation suites
Your qualifications & key criteria:
* Degree level qualification
* Experience in test automation and continuous integration strategies
* Knowledge of Apache CXF, Websphere, Jenkins, GIT, SoapUI, Java, Groovy, , Jersey, Bit Bucket and Gradle
* Knowledge of the Atlassian suite of tools particularly JIRA
* Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills; sound organizational, negotiating and decision-making skills
* Ability to use their own initiative, Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent experience in QA
* Excellent Communication skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.