Our leading technology based client require a Network Support Engineer to join the team at their client site based in Crawley
Required to work as part of a team providing Network Infrastructure support across a large client location. It is a shift position working both days & nights , 7 by 24 as part of a shift team on a rotating pattern.
Network Support Engineer tasks will include (but not limited to):
* Network installations and support.
* Troubleshooting issues on all networking infrastructure.
* Being a primary point of contact for user issues and queries.
* Configuring and deploying network equipment.
* Adhering to strict policies and processes around security and data protection.
* Maintaining and managing the content and accuracy of the customer's asset database.
* Ensuring SLA requirements and Customer Satisfaction metrics are on or above target.
* Creating and maintaining comprehensive and meaningful updates in the customer's ticket handling system.
* Ensuring the escalation process is followed and any issues are communicated appropriately to customer management teams.
Required skills and attributes
* HPE Network preferably ASE or MASE
Or Cisco equivalent preferably CCNP or CCNA or above
* Proven networking background
* Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to simplify technical detail
* Highly organised with the ability to work in a fast-paced, structured manner to meet tight deadlines
* Confident, collaborative working style and able to interface with people of all levels.
* Proactive approach to work activities & support of colleagues.
* Demonstrated ability to recognise and react to situations with a sense of urgency and problem ownership.
* Must have a strong understanding of all major aspects of systems and network equipment HW and FW/SW & knowledge of multiple platforms.
* Knowledge of Cisco, Aruba Wireless, Palo Alto Network Device (firewall), Bluecoat Packetshapers, Inflobox , Fortinet Firewalls.
* Network Management: HPE IMC and Solarwinds
* IP Telephony
* ITIL Service Management Foundation
* Experience of IT incident management
* Fluke & other cable test equipment
* Though not required Security clearance would be helpful
Feel free to contact Allison @ Datacom on 02070891507 to discuss