Our prestigious client based in Bracknell requires a Senior Buyer to join their team.
The Procurement Team has a Buyer role available for an individual who has experience of working in an Indirect Procurement role & a knowledge of procurement systems & processes. This is a Cost Centre operation working on reallocating our costs via Intercompany charging to other Corporate Business Units. You will report directly to the Finance / Procurement Manager. Key responsibilities include:
* Provide leadership for the procurement function, advice & support to the business.
* Take a strategic and pro-active role in driving best purchasing practices to benefit the business
* Responsible for supplier contract negotiations incl. T&C, supplier setup and changes, regular checkpoints with suppliers
* Management & development of ongoing supplier relationships
* Source best value suppliers of goods and services as required
* Compliance with & enforcement of company & procurement policies, controls / governance.
* Represent UK & Ireland on the EMEA Procurement committee.
* Provide reporting and data to provide management information in all key areas
* Ensuring that all supplier issues and escalations (such as payment problems, performance and delivery) are resolved in a timely manner so as not to impact the business.
* Manage the operations of the mobile phone process UK&I: Damages, queries and orders
* Expense Management: approve expenses, send it for payment
* Fleet Management: accident claims review, queries, new orders etc.
* Support the day to day ordering process
Key attributes would include
* At least three years' experienced in a Procurement role.
* Experience of Procurement techniques, processes and systems.
* Knowledge and experience of contracts, terms and conditions & statements of work.
* Experience of Indirect Procurement
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft: Excel and Access.
* Good analytic skills
* Ability to communicate with suppliers & stakeholders at all levels.
* Flexible approach to work to be able to cover all aspects of the procurement role in a small purchasing team.
* Adaptable, reliable, enthusiastic, keen to learn, good attention to detail.
* Able to work under pressure, assertive, confident & approachable.
Please feel free to contact Allison @ Datacom on 02070891507