Splunk Application Developer - Splunk - Dublin or Remote
itContracting are seeking applicants for an expert Splunk Application Developer with 3+ years Splunk application development experience to join our client's engineering team in Dublin. This is a daily-rate contract position.
You will be part of a global team helping to build a cloud-based global analysis solution tackling a wide range of complex problems across unique cybersecurity data-sets. You must have in depth experience in building Splunk Applications with expertise in building high volume, distributed and scalable applications, preferably also in a multi-tenant and cloud environment. You will also be expected to assist and impart knowledge on best practices in Splunk Application development to the rest of the team. You will have a passion for agile development methodologies, test driven development, unit testing and code quality. This role requires hands on development experience and is based either in Dublin or remotely, in either case you will be working with multiple sites and with the CTO and Engineering teams
* 3+ years of experience with Splunk Application Development.
* 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
* Strong understanding of Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL): construction of well-structured search queries, including external table lookups, that minimize performance impact.
* Experience with deploying Splunk Applications within a multi-tenant user data isolation environment
* Understanding of Splunk architecture and components (indexer, clustering, search heads, and search head clustering (SHC), forwarders (HF/UF) and forwarder, HTTP Event Collector (HEC)
* Create production-quality Splunk dashboards based on sound UI principles
* Ability to create Python Scripted Inputs
* Understanding of using source control (e.g. git) and software development processes
* Ability to effectively multitask and resolve complex technical issues.
* Ability to create technical documentation and design specifications.
* Experience with deploying Splunk within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Kafka experience
* Exposure to Atlassian Confluence, JIRA
* Exposure to Telco and/or Cybersecurity environment
For more information please apply here or contact Marta Hoppe ( marta dot hoppe at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.