Network Engineer IV
11 Month Contract
Dublin City Center
We are currently seeking an experienced Network Engineer for a Global Company based in City Center with an initial 11 month Contract.
The ideal candidate will work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision and will need the following experience:
* Experience with NOC environments and working to SLAs
* Experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, VRRP, CDP, LLDP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and MPLS
* Experience with Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures, including Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and Nexus data center switching platforms
* Experience with IPv6 and familiarity with programming/scripting languages is strongly desired
* Solid understanding of Queue Management for tasks and incidents, vendor
* Experience with work in POPs, carrier hotels, or Central Office environments.
* Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
* Familiarity with Content Delivery Networks and POP architecture.
* Solid understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
* Proficiency in Linux operating system
* Excellent communication skills, should be able to work with service providers and colocation facilities around the world
* Ability to capture and analyze traffic.
* Certification such as CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIS, RHCSA or equivalent experience preferred.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.