Technical Capability. Works alone or within a team with some supervision supporting on-site and remote managed services to multiple clients.
Follows established processes/systems and recommends improvements to these as appropriate to resolve routine customer enquiries. Documents actions taken to resolve enquiries.
Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/SLA.Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
Acts as a team player being viewed by colleagues as an effective and helpful member of the team, demonstrating personal leadership and initiative. Is able to supervise other team members.
Takes responsibility for learning about current products / systems to build own technical knowledge to support business requirements.
* Customer Relationship is able to establish quick working relationships / empathy with customers.
* Communication: listening and ability to communicate clearly with customers, colleagues and managers.
* Problem Solving Drive and determination Has a flexible approach and works well under pressure, Time Management, Team Working: team player.
* Technical Knowledge: (e.g. Operating Systems, PCs, Applications, Networks, Security).
* Desktop & Server Administrator
* Microsoft Exchange, Citrix XenApp, Citrix Netscaler
* Windows 2008/12 or later Server administration, Unix/Linux Server administration
* WSUS, SCCM, SCOM
* Backup and Restore
* Server Security
* Account, user, password, identity management
* Active Directory administration
* Virtual server and desktop solutions
* System Build management; version-control
* Patch and Service-Pack administration
* Desktop software roll-out
* Desktop lockdown
* Asset and license management, Network interface configuration, Management of break-fix and IMACs procedures
* End-user training and mentoring, Troubleshooting for end-users
* Moving towards a recognised internal / external qualification.
* Firewall configuration, Web server configuration
* SAN/shared-storage management
* Symantec Product Suite
* Understanding of business continuity process.
* Training skills useful: ability to run short training workshop sessions in own areas.