Senior Data Center Project Engineer
A Global leader in IT security and information management, our client boasts a top class large Global workforce and equally impressive client base.
An established large employer in Reading, they offer a top class working environment and very collaborative approach, which delivers success.
They require a Senior Data Center Project Engineer with 10 years of experience in operations, data center construction, in the telecommunications/engineering industry.
Initially on an 11-month contract, providing technical oversight and guidance on the project team considering all disciplines of data center operations; power, cooling, cabling, rack/stack and best installation practices.
JOB REFERENCE: BBBH 12228
A General Day:
* Coordinate with client and contracted engineering on the technical needs.
* Qualify vendors and implement the company's procurement procedures.
* Assist the project managers and other departments.
* Work with contractors and operations teams on pricing and plans.
* Oversee the activities of internal or contracted personnel or third parties who are providing services.
* Arrange expectations to the project delivery dates and hold contractors and suppliers to set due dates.
* Resolve any steps in the process that are delaying installations.
* Offer regular implementation updates to project managers and stakeholders.
* Attend weekly meetings and conference calls with mangers and clients.
* Conduct on-site staff training as needed.
The Ideal Candidate:
* At least 10 years of experience in operations, data center construction, in the telecommunications/engineering industry.
* Professional qualification.
* Degree educated in Engineering, Computer Science or a related degree.
* Working knowledge of rack, cage, electrical distribution, and data cable infrastructure.
* Familiar reading and interpreting floor plans, one-line drawings, and construction specifications
* Expert level proficiency with project management software.
* Experience tracking costs for all projects, using purchase orders and other tracking methods.
* Capable of working in a fast-paced, mission critical facilities environment/
* Great onsite subsidized canteen with top class food.
* On-site parking and bus links.
* Cyclist friendly environment, with bike sheds and showers.
* Regular onsite events and external speakers.
* Very flexible and grown up working environment.
* A diverse multicultural environment.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +44 330 335 1710