DevOps Lead [Jenkins/AWS/Linux/Java/Chef/Ansible]
Project / Role:
Our client is currently looking for a DevOps Lead. The chosen candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day to day design and implementation of: applications, build/release/deployment, configuration, automation, troubleshooting, and monitoring activities.
* Guide development and management of CI/CD pipelines. Work with development and infrastructure teams to improve.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, validation and production environments.
* Automate and optimize processes.
* Guide the team to deploy, administer, maintain, and monitoring of AWS cloud services.
* Collaborate with development team to harden, streamline, document, and establish software release processes.
* Monitor and track key health and performance metrics of systems and applications.
* Continue to improve operational processes for better utilization of underlying cloud resources,
* Serve as a mentor for team members.
* Oversee the day to day work of an expanding team in India while being hands on. Serve as the go to between that team and management in San Jose.
* Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
* Must be strong in CI/CD pipeline and hands-on experience in CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
* Must be strong in AWS administration including EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, VPC, IAM.
* Must be strong in Linux (e.g. RedHat/CentOS). Windows a plus (Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server)
* Must be strong in managing of Web Servers (Apache/Nginx/HA Proxy/Tomcat), Java applications.
* Ability to evaluate system and application logs, error messages, stack traces to quickly identify and solve production problems.
* Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
* 8+ years' experience.
* Experience with automation and configuration management using Chef and Ansible.
* Solid background in implementing infrastructure automation and code deployment systems.
* Exposure to scripting and/or software development.
Nice to Have:
* Experience with IIS
* AWS certification
* Hands on experience with AppDynamics
* 2+ years prior lead experience; with remote teams
* Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent.
Reference No.: 917339FK
Role: DevOps Lead
Industry: Computer Networks
Location: Co. Cork