Senior Network Security Engineer
itContracting are currently partnering with our client, a major financial services company, in the hiring of a Network Security Engineer to provide Level 3 engineering across their critical network security devices and tools.
You will be working in a major Cyber and information Security hub providing support on leading-edge network security technologies and tools. You will be providing 3rd level security engineering expertise and support across Firewalls and Perimeter Security Devices, Remote Access VPNs, Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention tools, Web Proxies, DNS and Cloud based email services.
You will have experience and skills in the following:
* A minimum of 3-5 years in a similar role supporting Network Security devices and tools in a large enterprise environment. Alternatively, a minimum of 5 - 7 years in a Network Engineering role supporting enterprise grade critical networks with a knowledge of firewalls (in particular Palo Alto), security devices and tools and a desire to move into a security career will be considered.
* Third level degree in Computer Science, Networking or related discipline
* Strong background in Network Engineering and Support including relevant qualifications such as CCNA, CCNP and CCNA Security. Additional qualifications such as CISSP, CISA, CEH or GIAC certifications would be beneficial.
* Strong experience supporting and configuring DNS
* Additional qualifications in security technologies such as Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Juniper and Symantec would be a distinct advantage
* In-depth knowledge in management of Firewalls, particularly Palo Alto and CheckPoint
* Working knowledge of IDS and IPS tools
* Good knowledge of Cloud based email services. Knowledge of ProofPoint products would be highly advantageous.
* Knowledge of Cisco ScanSafe
* Management of network security across Windows and Linux platforms
* Experience working in an ITIL aligned environment, with certification an advantage
This is a highly interesting and rewarding role working with one of the most advance cyber security hubs in Ireland, with excellent career progression, additional training, remuneration and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant links or contact Tom Leonard in itContracting directly or call 01 218 7721. All correspondence will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.