itContracting are seeking applications for a 2nd Level IT Support Engineer. This is a permanent position based with our client in Longford.
The primary focus of this role is to support IT requirements of the business as they are logged in a central Service Desk system, to act as a point of contact for stakeholders for new developments, escalations, outages and downtimes relating to IT services and to train and share knowledge with users and colleagues as and when required.
* Administration of the Service Desk, Incidents, Service Requests, Change Requests etc.
* Ensuring all service requests are being documented, followed up and closed to completion within a reasonable time.
* Monitoring aging tickets and actioning those before they are escalated.
* Central point of contact for clients accessing the IT / IS support resources.
* A central point of contact during system outages.
* Perform IT Audit function as required and also work with Internal or External IT Auditors
* Contribute to the development of SOP's and Policies.
* Manage and deliver projects as assigned and owned by you.
* Undertake tasks to research new or existing systems and the continuous improvement of new or existing systems.
* Engage with other sites as and when needed to support and collaborate on IT issues
* Work on other IT Projects when requested.
* Make recommendations regarding our IT Systems.
* To train members of staff in IT related topics where needed
* Provide a backup support for other roles as required to reduce single man dependency gaps.
* 3+ years working experience in an IT environment (required)
* A firm understanding of: Microsoft Operating System Administration, Virtualization, Firewall and Switching principles
* Information Technology Qualification
* Team working, Good communication, Good Documentation and Organisational Skills.
For more information please apply here or contact Michal Gawronski ( +353 1 4396811 or michal dot gawronski at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.