MS SQL / MySQL Database Administrator
€Excellent Plus Healthcare Package, Pension, Subsidised Gym, Car Parking, Social Club
If you have experience of taking ownership of databases in both production and non-production environments, this is a great opportunity to progress your career with an award-winning business.
Part of a leading group, our client is the largest Irish-owned provider of voice, data connectivity, data centre, hybrid cloud solutions and managed services. They are now looking for a MS SQL / MySQL Database Administrator to join their team in Dundalk.
As a MS SQL / MySQL Database Administrator, you will provide day-to-day support to the business and ensure any issues are swiftly resolved.
In this key role, you’ll work closely with IT Project Managers, Solution and Infrastructure Architects, Software Delivery teams and IT Operations throughout the design and delivery lifecycle.
You’ll communicate with tech customers to update them on the status of their requests, initiate and perform changes on production systems and proactively escalate any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
Additionally, you’ll act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) that people and teams engage with to discuss support and improvements to databases and models.
To be considered, you will need at least four years’ IT experience, including extensive experience in taking ownership of databases in both production and non-production environments. Experience of the following is also essential:
- SQL development, including the ability to write and troubleshoot SQL code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes and constraints)
- Optimising the performance of large critical databases
- Databases, including MSSQL 2016 and legacy versions from 2016, MySQL and other open source options
- Reporting and analysis, including SISS and SASS
- Enterprise monitoring tools e.g. Cacti, Nagios and Zenoss
- Public cloud platforms, such as Rackspace, Amazon or others such as Azure
- Application infrastructure, including Microsoft Server and Microsoft SQL Server
- Scripting in PowerShell, SQL and C
- Operations, including an understanding ITIL and DevOps principles
- Large volume transactional databases
- Disaster recovery, replication and redundant systems
To apply for the role of MS SQL / MySQL Database Administrator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: MS SQL Database Administrator, MySQL Database Administrator, MS SQL DBA, MySQL DBA, Database Administrator, DBA, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, SQL Database Administrator, Support Engineer, IT.