Design & Support Engineer
Project / Role:
Our client is a modern maritime organisation delivering an essential safety service around the coast of Ireland.
They are currently looking for a Design and Support Engineer to work in the Operations & Navigation Services Department.
Periodic travel around the cost will be required plus occasional travel abroad.
* Accountability for design outcomes, work prioritisation and timely preparation of design for planned work.
* Strategic and proactive input into forward planning and design processes.
* Design, cost and deliver a range of Lighthouse and AtoN projects and other work packages.
* Lead on the preparation of electrical drawings, specifications for component equipment, tender documentation, procurement, etc. in advance of scheduled on site work.
* Develop plans and costings for the ongoing capital renewal programme, to ensure the long term effective and economic provision of required AtoN services.
* Maintain strong technical knowledge of electrical equipment and techniques related to Irish Lights' activities, research and development, industry and sector awareness.
* Take the lead, as required, to develop and resolve technical solutions to a range of electrical operational issues.
* Prepare risk assessments, method statements and safe working procedures.
* Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Prepare reports, post project documentation, etc. as required.
* Periodic travel around the coast of Ireland and farther afield will be required.
* Management of Design & Support Technicians
* Chartered Engineer, or close to achieving chartership.
* Minimum 5 years relevant technical experience in a design environment
* Experience of project design, preparation of specifications and costing, contract management along with construction knowledge and fault finding of electronic and AC/DC electrical systems
* Knowledge of Electrical Standards, both Irish and international
* Knowledge of renewable energy, control systems and modern light technology
* Good planning, organisation, team building and managerial skills
* Excellent analytical, testing and problem solving skills
* Strong ICT, report writing and record keeping skills
* Team player with good communication and people skills
* Self-motivated, with a commitment to self-development
* A flexible approach to work and working hours and to carrying out other duties as required.
* Ability to collaborate internally across Departments and externally with colleagues in other organisations.
* Ability to represent the organisation externally in a national and international context.
Nice to have(s):
* Knowledge of modern and traditional marine navigation systems and/or working in a marine environment
* Degree or equivalent professional qualification in electrical engineering or other relevant discipline.
Reference No.: 917217FK
Role: Design & Support Engineer
Industry: Maritime Services Industry
Location: South County Dublin