Principal + Senior Scala Engineer(s)
Are you tired of working in a stuffy corporate environment up to your eyeballs in red tape? Interested in working in an R&D orientated culture?
Would you be interested in building a brand-new end-to-end platform in Scala that will be used on a Global Scale? You will be their first Scala hire (of around 10 over the course of the next year).
nineDots have just started working exclusively with a new client based in Dublin City Centre. This crowd are a start-up based in Dublin City Centre, near Trinity College (lovely new office).
They have a one-of-a-kind product that is digitizing this Trillion Dollar Industry – as it stands they are backed by the biggest players in this industry so there is little to no risk joining this team.
- · As you will be their first Scala hire (they have an engineering team), there is potential for you to come in straight as a principal engineer with a view to becoming VP of Engineering
- · It isn’t a one technology fits all company, it is whatever technology is right for the job!
- · You will be working on version 2 of their end-to-end platform that will affect the industry on a global scale
- · It would be great if you have decent stakeholder management experience as it may be required from time to time
- · Excellent knowledge of functional programming languages (Ideally Scala)
- · 5-10 years solid engineering experience
- · Zookeeper, Play/Slick. CatsIO, Doobie and HTTP4s.
- · CI/CD should come natural to you.
- · Have a good understanding of virtual container technologies. Such as Docker.
- · Have some understanding (or practice) in topics such as data mining and Machine Learning.
As they are a growing startup, not only do they offer a competitive salary. There is a company options scheme available and remote working options (after you have proved yourself)
Get in touch!