Senior Automation Manager- Technical Engineering department
Exciting new opportunity to run full scale Automation projects within one of Ireland's largest organisations.This role has the responsibility to develop full life cycle of projects and setting the highest standards for all assignments and applications. You will have the responsibility to resolve complex technical issues whilst meeting on-time and on-budget project goals.
* To direct technical areas of complex medium scale projects with diverse scope.
* Managing the application of data modelling techniques and data analysis, based upon a detailed understanding of requirements, in order to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
* Setting standards for data analysis and programming tools and techniques, advising on selection of appropriate methods and their application, and ensures compliance.
* Creating quality engineering procedures and user instructions to ensure a reusable process and tools approach. Defines and implements quality engineering process improvements and metrics.
* Determine criteria for assessing issues and opportunities and identifies relationships and linkages between different information sources. Anticipates potential problems and develops solutions needed to resolve them.
* To prepare technical plans and provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
Skills & Experience,
* Excellent client facing skills at a senior level and has experience of influencing client decision making and direction.
* Experience of introducing new concepts or strategies that significantly improve or revise the way business is done through to implementation.
* Specialisation in at least one tools such as SOAP, UI NG PRO, GreenHat Tester/Rational Integration Tester, HP Service Virtualization manager etc.
* Expertise in multiple test tools in any one test streams such as performance testing, data and test automation tools such as HP Performance Center/LoadRunner, HP UFT/QTP, HP Service Test, Service Virtualize, TOSCA, CA LISA, IBM Rational Integration Tester, CA GridTools Data Maker/ DataManager, JMeter, Neoload, SeleniumRational Robot, Borland SilkTest, Atlassian Jira, Jenkins, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin.
* Has an in-depth knowledge of specific specialisms, and is able to provide expert advice regarding their application.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience - ISTQB Advanced Desirable -
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further o to discuss you career options in confidence, please telephone Paul Grant on +353 (1) 4485688 or send your CV to email@example.com
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.