itContracting are seeking immediate applications for an Desktop Support Engineer, this is a long term day rate contract position based in Dublin 4.
* Will act as a member of the Global Service Desk team focused on the resolution of end user requests - ensuring both accuracy and timely closure of issues.
* Act as a team member focused on improving current mobile, desktop systems, file system, printing, VoIP, and Video Conference services for local end users.
* Working knowledge on the delivery of desktop services through Microsoft SCCM 2012 R2
* OS imaging
* OS patching
* Asset management
* Packaging of end user applications
* Day-to-day systems management and reporting
* Provide exceptional service delivery to all customers, internal IT staff and executives inside and outside the organization.
* Input into development, maintenance and review standard operational procedures.
* Works closely with other IT teams when required acts in senior roles on projects
* Support of Mobile Devices
* Support of virtualized desktop environments
* Support of end user mobile and desktop security
* Support of VoIP and Video Conference Systems
* Strong desire to develop and increase business awareness and IT knowledge
* Technical Knowledgeable
* Strong understanding of MS technologies and Cisco unified communication tools
* Good familiarity with iOS and Android mobile platforms
* Able to identify issue and assist in the enhancement or improvement of IT systems.
* Able to navigate easily in a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
* Proficient in the troubleshooting functionality of complex technical services on and off premise
* Good working knowledge of infrastructure technologies with focus placed on troubleshooting of end user issues.
* Team Player
* Able to collaborate with colleagues in a team oriented environment
* Strong desire to develop and increase team knowledge
* Excellent oral and written documentation skills
* Able to articulate complex technical issues in a way that is easily understood by non-technical team members.
* Ideal candidate will have experience in dealing in a shared services environment
* Quality / Value
* Continuously improves system, process and knowledge
* Seeks out ways to streamline and automate technical processes.
* Works to better their technical knowledge through their own avenues - online training, technical whitepapers, professional organizations, etc.
* Microsoft Certifications relevant to position - MCITP, ITIL, etc. or minimum 3+ years' work experience in a corporate environment.