AWS Solution Architect
Our client, a global financial services group, are seeking to hire a highly experienced AWS Solution Architect to join its team based in Dublin.
* You will work with the business stakeholders in order to define high-level overview and plan in relation to the Group moving IT resources and existing applications into the AWS (Amazon Web Services) public cloud.
* You will have overall design and architecture authority and will be responsible for migration priorities, execution and timings.
* You will act as the technical lead during the architect phase, working in conjunction with the development and infrastructure teams to create the migration plan and define the development requirements and changes.
* You will also contribute to platform strategy by educating internal resources on options and providing recommendations for platform architecture, coding best practices, security, integration and DevOps adoption.
* Some of the key factors to consider with the architecture would include Scalability and Accessibility, Enabling Business Continuity with High Availability and Disaster recovery designed in each system. Additionally, adding agility by Speeding up deployment and Development in a DevOps environment.
* This role will also hold direct responsibility for the identification and implementation of new value adding technologies to the Group of companies, which improve the internal efficiency for staff and experience for our customers. Such a responsibility will also require the role holder to operate at a strategic level with key business stakeholders and propose budgets for such programs and projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Responsible for the transition of architecture to AWS and management of the AWS project.
* Development of a clear vision of where IT and business should overlap in the future and consideration given to how this vision will influence the organization's strategy
* Security and Certification built in by design
* Outline and share a clear cloud governance model
* Information Security tenets of least-access privileges and separation of duties
* Incorporate the right controls to improve our security posture.
* Support staff training
* Approach the cloud as transformational
* Ensure ISO requirements are met
* Evaluate overall operations of computing and information technology functions and recommend enhancements.
* Advise and consult with Senior Management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business goals and objectives.
* Responsibility for defining, prioritising and planning the projects that will need to be implemented, as well as scheduling and securing the resources and teams to deliver to these projects.
* Monitor projects overall progress: anticipating risks, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
* In this role you will have the opportunity to engage directly with clients and Senior Management to capture feedback and continuously improve the tools in line with this feedback and new service offerings, within budget.
SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
* Knowledge of AWS solution architect and SysOps requirements
* Knowledge of DevOps and how this can be leveraged
* Security - CIS benchmarks
* Strong knowledge Network design
* Implementation and managing of cloud governance strategy
* Knowledge of information technology computer systems, software, and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations.
* Experience with implementation of information technology integrations.
* Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
* Certification as AWS solution architect an advantage
* Delivery of a number of test/key sites migration. Suggested sites
* Development of cloud governance methodology
* Implantation of Centre for Internet Security (CIS) CIS AWS Foundations Benchmark or other security standard
For more information please apply here or contact Chris Byrne ( +353 1526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros/ itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.