Taoglas is seeking an IT System Administrator to support the IT Department. This role will be based in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford.
Taoglas Group Holdings Limited is a worldwide antenna solutions provider with subsidiaries in Ireland, Germany, USA, Taiwan and China. Taoglas was established in 2004 and is headquartered in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford, Ireland.
The System Administrator, reporting to the Head of IT, is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Under the direction of the Head of Group IT you will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This will include ensuring that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff.
You will also assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project lifecycle.
SA Engineering and Provisioning
· Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
· Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
· Contribute to and maintain system standards.
· Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated, approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
· Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
· Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
· Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
· Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
· Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
· Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
· Respond to requests from staff outside of office hours as and when required including evenings/weekend at short notice.
· Be prepared to travel within Ireland but also overseas as and when necessary
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
· 3 to 5 years’ experience in systems hardware and software
· Experience of managing several projects at one time
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· You enjoy variety of tasks and like constantly improving processes and services
· Fluent in English.
· Flexible, team player
· Open to fast paced work style and results driven
· Must be willing to travel if required.
We offer a challenging position within an international work environment and successful company. You will be working in a motivated team in an exciting technology sector.