Be the Difference in Embedded Software Engineering
Our client is looking for a highly talented Embedded Software Engineer with a passion for delivering software products supporting the patient care continuum. You will be responsible for providing software design, implementation, and testing of clinical information software used in healthcare institutions to chart review and analyse patient clinical data.
Be the Embedded Software Engineer
* The Embedded Software Engineer will work with the design and manufacturing groups to develop robust, sustainable products that meet customer expectations and are cost effective to manufacture.
* Duties and responsibilities:
* Perform software design based on input from clinical users, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements
* Perform software implementation, following coding guidelines and taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability
* Conduct software evaluation and testing of own software, software from other engineering staff, and third-party software
* Provide a test plan for use by other engineering staff, quality assurance and support departments in validating a new implementation
* Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software
* Attend design review meetings as needed to adhere to the software development procedures
* Document and repair errors related to fielded software issues
* Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems
* Strong C/C++ skills and software design for the embedded multi-threading and multi-processor applications with the memory and timing constraints.
* Strong design experience in inter-processor communications using event driven State Machines and message synchronization.
* Strong experience in the device driver development on microcontrollers, such as Cortex-M, MSP430, Zilog, Atmel, etc.
* Strong knowledge in the software-hardware interface, digital electronic logics, System On Chip (SOC) of the common communication interfaces such as RS232, RS485, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, etc., and System On Chip (SOC) programming
* Strong experience in the JTAG based debugging.
* Reading the schematics and knowing the digital logics
* Good knowledge in electromechanical controls, sensors and actuators.
* Strong knowledge in Real Time Operating system.
* Familiar with the microcontrollers and microprocessors such as ARM Application and Cortex architecture.
* Experience with developing the development tests to ensure the reliability of the low level system.
* Ability to plan and organize
* Ability to work with little supervision and under pressure
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
* Excellent analytical and report writing skills