The role holder provides business consultancy to our client base. They will either lead a small team or be part of a large team of consultants working without close supervision.
* Owns and delivers a consulting assignment which is either self-contained or as part of a larger team.
* Manages and develops relationships with customers and colleagues interfacing with similar level of staff in order to help the definition and delivery of a medium to large assignment of moderate to high complexity.
* Contributes new Knowledge to the client, either by recognizing the value of key project deliverables or by locating and capturing third-party materials that are relevant to the client's business. Makes appropriate use of Knowledge components from all areas of Knowledge within the client.
* Identifies and secures extension business for themselves in order to extend the existing scope of the assignment. Identifies potential new assignments.
* Contributes to the development of the client's offerings.
* Reviews employee performance. Has acquired management skills, this is typically the first level of direct career and assignment management.
* Co-ordinate the work involves in preparing bids for new business opportunities. Ensures the preparation of all presentation material and leads in smaller sales situations.
* Maintains senior management level relationships both internally and externally.
* Work with little formal supervision and seeks guidance when needed. Successfully executes a number of medium to large assignments of moderate to high complexity. These assignments involve working with middle to senior management within the client or client organizations.
* Consulting expertise is recognized within the client and by several clients.
* Creates a positive environment on work assignments within the client and client organizations. Knows limits, seeks advice when required.
* Demonstrates political sensitivity in dealing with client and stakeholders in the client.
* Typically has experience in a consultancy or equivalent environment.
* Integrated consulting, technical and business skills and an understanding of client business issues & environment.
* Deep knowledge in a specialist area and business knowledge.
* Is familiar with many of the consulting services within the client. Understands relevant methodologies and techniques and can, with minimal direction, select and apply the appropriate techniques to specific assignments.
Key Performance Indicators
* Consultant discipline.
* Customer satisfaction, delivery on time, to budget and to an appropriate level of quality.
* Follows consulting standards.
* Success assignment delivery without rework.
* Evidence of re-use.
* Extension business won and qualified new opportunities.
* Evidence of contribution and recognition of expertise and support.
* Allocation of career owners.
* Assignment and annual performance reviews completed.
* Evidence of successful bid stages and small scale wins.
* Achievement of objectives.