Taoglas is seeking a PHP Developer to support the IT Department. This role will be based in our Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford office and will report to the Head of IT.
Taoglas Group Holdings Limited is a worldwide antenna solutions provider with subsidiaries in Ireland, Germany, USA, Taiwan and China. Taoglas was established in 2004 and is headquartered in Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford, Ireland.
· Participate in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web-based applications.
· Develop new tools and applications by translating business requirement into system design.
· Maintain and upgrade existing applications.
· Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
· Provide technical support including database and server management where required.
Operations and Support IT
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
· Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
· Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
· Provide per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
· Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
· Upgrade and configure system software infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
· Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
· Respond to requests from staff outside of office hours as and when required including evenings/weekend at short notice.
· Be prepared to travel within Ireland but also overseas as and when necessary.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
· Advanced experience in PHP and MySQL, including frameworks, toolsets and CMS driven sites.
· Familiarity with latest web languages and standards.
· Experience of the full SDLC.
· Knowledge of the Linux command line, LAMP stack.
· Strong communication and problem solving skills.
· Experience with high traffic volume websites
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· You enjoy variety of tasks and like constantly improving processes and services
· Fluent in English.
· Flexible, team player
· Open to fast paced work style and results driven
· Must be willing to travel if required.
We offer a challenging position within an international work environment and successful company. You will be working in a motivated team in an exciting technology sector.